Monday, March 31, 2014

The Pianist

I thought The Pianist was a pretty good movie.  I thought the acting was incredible.  The movie at times was hard to watch because how detailed it was. The only part that I didn't like about the movie was how all of a sudden years had passed.  Overall, I thought the movie was really good and would recommend it.  I think it is so amazing how he was able to survive through such a hard time.   I also thought it was awesome how many non- Jewish people helping him survive. I could not even begin to image how traumatizing it would be to live during such a hard time and witness everything he did yet still fight to stay alive.  The part that moved me the most was when the Nazi even helped Szpilman stay alive and not only did he just let him live, but he provided him with  a coat and food.

Honestly, I can not even begin to think about what was possibly going through Hosenfeld's mind when he allowed Szpilman to live and not turn him in.  I think that Hosenfeld possibly saw the struggle in Szpilman's face and realized that the Russians were coming soon anyways so killing one Jew wouldn't make that big of a difference.  I also think that Hosenfeld probably didn't like the Jewish population, but wasn't as extreme as Hitler and he only became a Nazi to save his own life and because it was what he was taught to be correct. I think Szpilman trusted Hosenfeld with his life even though Hosenfeld was a Nazi and Szpilman has been running from them for five years because he had nothing left.  I believe that Szpilman gave the Nazi his trust because he had no one else in the world and he was running out of hope so he decided he had nothing left to lose.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you! The movie was very good but very hard to watch. My favorite part was when the Nazi helped him as well.

    ReplyDelete