Monday, February 10, 2014

Tombstone

I did not like the movie Tombstone.  I found it to be extremely confusing, partly because I felt like I didn't know which characters were who.  I kept mixing up the characters and was getting lost in how they were related and what their goals were.  I did not feel like this movie left an impression on me or made me feel a certain way, because I was struggling to stay invested in the film due to my confusion.  I also thought this movie was probably not the most accurate portrayal of the cowboys in that period of time.  One part that I liked was seeing the character run off with the girl and finally be happy and content with his life.  I don't think the content of Tombstone is very accurate to today because we don't have cowboys like that and I don't think there were any lessons or morals that could be taught today.  Tombstone is a movie that I would personally not recommend unless you are very interested in the cowboys.

I believe that an event is legendary if it has a big impact on a large and diverse group of people.  Also,  I think that for an event to be considered legendary it must also make a change that will last in the future.  In my opinion, a person can be considered a legend if they have a large role in a legendary event, or they create something themselves that would be remembered and used as an influence for many years following the event. I do not really think that the characters in the movie Tombstone are considered legends.  My first reason for this belief is that  I have never heard of any of these individuals, and although not every person has heard of every legend,  I feel as though the most legendary individuals are heard of even if people don't know what they are known for.  I think the "Wild West" is interesting because it is not something that is talked about very often and is kind of unknown to me.  I would be interested in learning more of the "Wild West" in an accurate, not confusing way.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your statement about how Tombstone is not very accurate and relevant to our lives. We live in Ohio, and although Cowboys and the Wild West were a part of our American history, it was never really anything that effected us in our region. But I also did really like when Wyatt was finally able to let go of what he thought he needed to do, and finally be happy with the crazy love of his life.

    ReplyDelete