Friday, February 21, 2014

42


I really liked the movie 42.  I thought the movie did an amazing job of showing the story of Jackie Robinson and the entering of black men into the MLB.  I think this movie will always stay with me for many reasons.  First, 42 showed me to never give up on my dreams even when everyone else is telling you to.  Also, I think Robinson did an amazing thing of not fighting back even though he wanted nothing more than to be able to defend himself. I would definitely recommend this movie to other people, whether they like baseball or not.  I strongly believe that this movie did an excellent job at depicting the struggle that Robinson felt, and made the viewer feel the same way.  

I think Jackie Robinson helped this country by showing that African American men can be apart of sports and could be on the same team as white men. We must learn from the experiences of Jackie Robinson so no other person of any race, religion, or anything has to go through the pain and torture that he did just to be able to live out his dream.  I also think the Jackie Robinson impacted this country through impacting  his teammates. He showed his teammates how committed he was, even through all of the struggles he was facing.  His teammates then showed America how important it is to support others and work with others, regardless of skin color.

I think Jackie Robinson's value of not fighting back could help me and everyone else in their struggles.  You don't always need to acknowledge the people that are making the rude comments, instead you can just let them say it and use it to motivate you,

Jackie Robinson said, "A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives."  I agree with this, but I also disagree.  I think it is extremely important to leave a positive impact on at least one person in your lifetime, however, I do not think that all other lives are unimportant.  I believe that the most evil person in the world leaves a positive impact, no matter how small, on at least one person, and therefore I strongly believe that every single life is important.


2 comments:

  1. Allowing your actions to speak for you is a trait I, too, very much admire. Your last point is very interesting and I get it. It's a collective effort by all of us that can make a significant impact on the lives of others. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with stephanie because I also was able to feel what jackie felt as the movie went on. They did a great job portraying the jackie robinson story, and it helped the watcher understand what was going on at the time. Being able to use criticism to motivate you is also a really good point made in the movie. Stephanie was right on how it can help us with our struggles and challenges too, whether it be baseball or something else.

    ReplyDelete